Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update...

Wow, I haven't posted on this thing for awhile! We have been settling down from Spring Break madness here at Hands On Gulf Coast, catching up on cleaning (the "Spin Cycle" is spotless!) and just getting back into our regular routines. We have a lot less volunteers these days, which is actually a nice break, and many of them are older groups than what we've had the past month and a half. I have been giving orientations to groups and individuals, and taking them on tours. A new AmeriCorps NCCC team arrived a few days ago and I took them around East Biloxi, to lunch, and out to the Friendship Oak yesterday (the Friendship Oak is over 500 years old and is on the University of Southern Mississippi campus). I also went to a 3-day conference in Jackson the earlier part of last week. It was put on by the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits and the conference was great, but I must say the highlight for me was taking a "real" shower and sleeping in a "real" bed. It was a luxury!

No comments: